FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV export missing for cs4 AE, running Windows XP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arash Sahba
FLV export missing for cs4 AE, running Windows XP
on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:25:25 am

I'm trying to export a FLV through CS4's After Effects for Windows XP. I've cleaned installed the entire adobe suite and even used the CS4 Script cleaner and still no avail. It won't even show Export as FLV as an option. Not sure what to do.

I also have Flash CS4 installed as well as Flash Media Encoder. I installed all the optional components for everything. I also have the latest quicktime.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: FLV export missing for cs4 AE, running Windows XP
on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:37:43 am

from "Render and export a composition as an FLV or F4V file":

"You render and export a movie to the FLV or F4V container format using the render queue, just as you do with other formats....
Important: Some applications install a QuickTime export component that appears as an entry in the File > Export menu for Flash Video (FLV). Adobe recommends that you not use this command, but instead render and export FLV and F4V files using the Render Queue panel. Some features, such as export of cue points from After Effects, only work for render and export through the Render Queue panel."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Arash Sahba
Re: FLV export missing for cs4 AE, running Windows XP
on Feb 5, 2010 at 2:05:26 am

success!

Adobe needs to be more consistent about this though, its different from the mac version.

Return to posts index

Arash Sahba
Re: Correction
on Feb 5, 2010 at 1:44:52 am

Correction, it's on Windows Vista, and when I use After Effects on my Mac , it gives me the export FLV option. Same version too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]