FORUMS: list search recent posts

watching reels on the cow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Paquette
watching reels on the cow
on Jan 16, 2010 at 6:16:01 pm

I apologize in advance for repeating this question - It was responded to previously but I can't find the thread under any search criteria including my own name! Maybe someone remembers.

When I try to watch reels, about 30 seconds worth streams in and then the streaming process stops. I can watch the reel right up to the stop point.

I have no difficulty with streaming video from any other site I use. I'm looking for ideas about how to overcome this with the cow. BTW, streaming video from the various cow video tuts is fine from start to finish.

Thanks, dale

Return to posts index

Martin Jordan
Re: watching reels on the cow
on Jan 16, 2010 at 11:30:56 pm

What vehicle are you watching these through?

Browser, plugins etc.

Quad-Core, 2.93GHz, OS 10.6.2, 32GB Ram, 4TB RAID 5 Internal, RAID Card, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB, 4TB External Raid, FCP Studio 7, AE 9.0.2, Squeeze for the Web, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Dual Core, 10.5.7, Panasonic HPX300 Camera.
The entire Adobe Creative Suite 4, Design Premium.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 20 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

Dale Paquette
on Jan 17, 2010 at 10:47:14 am

I have used both Mozilla Firefox with Google and Internet Explorer with Google. Both browsers and Google are up to date.

Dale

Return to posts index

Martin Jordan
on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:57:02 pm

Make sure you have Flash Player 10 installed.

And, MAYBE turn off a program or 2 to give more available ram or any other browser windows that are displaying flash ads or something else that is taking up bandwidth. Just a thought.

Quad-Core, 2.93GHz, OS 10.6.2, 32GB Ram, 4TB RAID 5 Internal, ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphics card, 4TB RAID 5 External, FCP Studio 7, AE 9.0.2, Boris BCC, FEC, CoreMelt 2, FxFactory Pro 2, idustrial revolution Volumetrix, Yanobox Motype, Squeeze for the Web, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Panasonic HPX300 Video Camera.
The entire Adobe Creative Suite 4, Design Premium.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 20 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

Dale Paquette
on Jan 17, 2010 at 7:03:55 pm

I checked Flash Player - I have 10. Reinstalled it to be safe. Had a friend try to watch the same reel on his identical PC with the same everything and he had no problem - so it has to be me. I think I already have as many background processes secured as I can and keep the system up. Could there be something going on with my MacAfee? As I mentioned, all other streaming video including Cow tuts comes through fine start to finish no matter how long they are. Cow reels is the only problem area!!! Dale

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]