FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create a massive floor without killing my PCs memory?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rowan Cavanagh
Create a massive floor without killing my PCs memory?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 3:57:16 am

Very new to After Effects, BUT, what I want is to have a massive floor in my fake 3d scene, to receive light and shadows.

The problem is, I need it to be huge. 30000 pixels and more... which seems to be the limit AE puts for a solid. Because I want to fly a camera around the place.

SO. Is there a better way to do this than making a huge solid? Because I wouldve thought there'd be a much much more efficient way. But I can't find anything, and don't know what to look for?

Because my computer struggles to even preview it at a third of full resolution.

Return to posts index

scott novasic
Re: Create a massive floor without killing my PCs memory?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:09:51 am

need to know a little more detail on WHY you may need 30000 pixels. There are memory settings that can help, and keeping your cache clear constantly... What are you trying to pull off visually?

Scott

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:57:44 pm

[Rowan Cavanagh] "Very new to After Effects, BUT, what I want is to have a massive floor in my fake 3d scene, to receive light and shadows."

There is probably a better way to do this. Most newbies do not understand how AE's 3D world actually works or how to envision a project to work within the limited spaces. If you really need that kind of dimensionality, AE simply will not work for your project, you must move to a real 3D modeling and animation system.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jan 17, 2010 at 2:28:25 am

Yes. 3D systems often have an infinite floor available.

There comes a time in every motion graphic artist's life when he moves from AE to 3D. It may be your time, Rowan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]