FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing frames after render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Biederbeck
Missing frames after render
on Jan 10, 2010 at 11:53:20 pm

Hi guys, I am sure this has been covered else where, but I couldn't find it after a quick search. I am VERY new to after effects, and have run into problems after my 4th or 5th render. I am experiencing some either missing frames, or it is just skipping a composition making it appear jumpy. Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks it advance, sorry if you have answered this before or if this is elementary. I am a print designer with a new copy of after effects having a hay-day of fun and problems.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Steve Roberts
Re: Missing frames after render
on Jan 11, 2010 at 2:05:47 am

How are you playing the movie? It may be too big for your computer to play back smoothly. If so, you should compress to a codec your computer can play if that's what you want. We'll need more details on your needs before we continue.

Anyway, import it into AE again and check for missing frames.

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Jan 11, 2010 at 3:45:07 pm

Thanks, I was only watching it on quicktime. I Have a new quad-core imac, and it never occured to me that it wouldn't be able to play it back. But you were right, when I imported it into final cut, all the frames were there.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:33:23 am

In which codec are you working?

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:54:26 am

Ok. So... I am just being flat out honest, I am a logo designer, and never had the full master collection or final cut until christmas. I only used design suite, and mainly stick to illustrator and photoshop.
My wife upgraded me,

So... I don't even know what a codec is.

1. What is a codec?
2. In the future, what should my first go-to codec be? (*a simple link will be fine, I understand this is amature but I am so enjoying AE that I feel I will be spending much more time here so I would like to know all I can know about it)

3. Is it normal for playback to be rough on a quad-core 2.6 with 4 gigs of ram?
- PS. I burned it to a dvd and it looks fine. Brought it into final cut and it looks fine

Thanks in advance! you guys are really helpful here.

David.

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:56:55 am

PS, for more info, I tried it @ 1080 p, wide screen, exported it as a .mov

It was a huge file as I was messing with using the vanishing point in photoshop, and exporting it as a .vpe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]