FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particles that follow a path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddy Rose
Particles that follow a path
on Dec 31, 2009 at 12:37:12 am

Okay before you burn me at the stake for asking such a seemingly stupid question, let me explain: I don't want the emitter to follow a path just the particles themselves.

Say I have these ball particles with light tails (like an electron) I want to make it so that the ball portion or the head, follows a circular path.

I tried doing this by parenting the emitter to a null that followed a circular path but it didn't work. The particles did not really follow the circle so much as shoot off from it. Also I want the head portion to be on the path not driving away from it.

Any help would be much appreciated,, thanx

btws I've been using Particular cos I want those cool light tails

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
david bogie
Re: Particles that follow a path
on Dec 31, 2009 at 3:07:10 pm

I'd use Vegas to create the ballheads (or headballs) and use the more sophisticated options in Vegas to create the balltails (or headtails).

The documentation for Vegas is lacking but Todd's AE Community Help should turn up something.

I've never used Particular.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Eddy Rose
on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:09:12 pm

wow! what a brilliantly simple solution! I guess I was so caught up tweaking particular I didn't even think to use a simpler effect lol

neways thanks alot!

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Dec 31, 2009 at 8:12:23 pm

You're welcome but using Vegas isn't easy. This might not be a solution as much as an exploration of alternatives.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]