FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating HBK's fireworks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bikram Bhatti
Creating HBK's fireworks
on Jun 21, 2009 at 7:51:57 pm

Ok, this is my first time posting here. I need to know how to create fireworks in after effects cs4 that look like this:

I'm kind of new so an explanation would be nice.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Creating HBK's fireworks
on Jun 21, 2009 at 10:15:54 pm

Most any particle effect would be able to do that for you. You just have to set it up right. Essentially, you need a smoke particle and a sparkle particle.

Trapcode's Particular is a great one because it works with AE's 3d camera. Here's is a video demonstrating some pyro effects done with it. You can even download the project files for these effects from their website.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bikram Bhatti
on Jun 21, 2009 at 11:09:12 pm

Woah man thanks. If I had a picture, would I be able to put the fire works on top of that?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 22, 2009 at 1:39:29 am

Yes. Compositing is the main function for which AE was built.

As you read through your After Effects documentation to learn about all the nice things it can do, please remember that there is a forum especially for people who are beginning to learn how to use this amazing program.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bikram Bhatti
on Jun 22, 2009 at 1:08:05 am

Ok so I downloaded it, how do I use it? I want to use the Cascade one.

Return to posts index

Antony Buonomo
on Jun 22, 2009 at 10:58:57 am

Tell us you read the manual. Please.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 22, 2009 at 1:39:28 pm

I assume you mean this one. That page explains briefly how it was done. At the bottom of the first link I gave you is a link to download the entire Pyro Pack. It's project files that are already done.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 22, 2009 at 1:50:05 pm

Darn page, didn't link right. I assume you mean the one they called cascade on that page I linked...the rest of my post remains unchanged.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Bikram Bhatti
on Jun 22, 2009 at 4:57:49 pm

ok so I downloaded the pyro pack. I think Cascade will give the desired effect. Do I open the NTSC or PAL?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 22, 2009 at 6:05:03 pm

Feel free to experiment; you're not going to break it.

As for which project to open; that depends on what type of video you're planning to make. If you're in America, it's NTSC. Europe is PAL.

Remember, for future questions on AE there is a forum for beginners that is staffed with people who are just as good as those here, but are more prepared to answer basic questions.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]