FORUMS: list search recent posts

IRONMAN OPEN sequence square transition effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Byron Sambat
IRONMAN OPEN sequence square transition effects
on May 27, 2008 at 3:21:24 pm

This is probably in the fourms somewhere but I am having trouble finding it. I want some advice or direction on how to create small squares animated transition effect. Example: full screen image that breaks up into small squares that flip (180 degrees) to black in an animated sequence. I have seen this effect a few times but most recently in the opening sequence for Ironman. Any help or advice would be excellent.
Thanks,

Byron

Return to posts index

Travis Paulding
Re: IRONMAN OPEN sequence square transition effects
on May 27, 2008 at 8:55:59 pm

Try looking in the animations presets folder in effects. There are a few transitions that are close to what you are asking for already. You can always play with the settings once you apply them and see what you come up with. There is a 3D checker transition for instance that may be a starting point.

Travis Paulding
Dir. of Technology
St. Simons Community Church
---
Quad 3.0 MacPro; 250 & 500 GB internal; 4 GB Ram:::
15" MacBook Pro, Dual Core 2.0, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD:::

Return to posts index

Jeremy Allen
on May 28, 2008 at 12:36:26 am

card wipe.

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 10GB RAM, OSX 10.5.2
DualCore G5 2.0 GHZ, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.4.11

AE7 on both for now.

Return to posts index

Byron Sambat
on Jun 3, 2008 at 3:08:44 pm

Thanks for all the help. I am using the card transition to achieve the effect that I want but I am having one slight problem. Say I have 2 layers and I am using the card wipe transition between them. When the transition is complete (which is applied to the top layer) there is a small tick when the end of the top layer transitions to the bottom layer. The top layer appears to be slightly stretched somehow in the card wipe effect? Not sure why this happens, maybe the camera settings or something? I had this problem yesterday, then it seemed to disappear, and now it is back again today. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]