FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ayatoweb TV Turning off Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shyguyjay18
Ayatoweb TV Turning off Effect
on Nov 6, 2005 at 11:07:08 pm

Hey all:

I apologize as I know the 'TV turning off effect' question comes up frequently. I found exactly what I needed from the archives as several people suggested the tutorial at http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae25_e.html# This is perfect but I am having trouble figuring it out. I can get all the way down to the last step and then suddenly there are numerous unexplained layers and keyframes. Is there anyone out there who has built this project and would be willing to send me their AE file or some clarification on the last step? It should be so simple but I'm pulling my hair out trying to make sense of it. I'm still an AE rookie. Thanks for any replies. I promise never to bring up this topic again. ;-)

Jay

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
Re: Ayatoweb TV Turning off Effect
on Nov 6, 2005 at 11:53:30 pm

Those unexplained layers are mostly lens flares that he added. He uses about 4 of them at various spots in his movie.
Assuming you have the noise set up properly, and its all inside of one composition, you simply want to scale that composition down vertically, and add some vertical motion as well, and simply add some lens flare to it.

If you examine his movie frame by frame, it helps to see whats going on.
He has one lens flare layer at the very beginning. The you see 2 layers called "stripe". If you examine the movie, right after the first lens flare as the video is expanding, you can see 2 horizontal glowing lines at the top and bottom of the video. These are pretty subtle and you probably don't need them. They do help to add a little to the illusion though.
Then he has a couple layers called "flash". These are just really short lens flares before the final lens flare. Examining frame by frame you should see it there at the end. I only see one "flash" at the end, so I assume one of those flash layers is merely a helper for the other somehow.
Finally there is the final lens flare.

Return to posts index

Lito
by
on Nov 7, 2005 at 9:36:16 am

Let me have you email and I'll send the aep-file.
Lito

Return to posts index

The Gare
on Nov 7, 2005 at 6:43:08 pm

If you can send that to me as well, it would be very helpful!

thegare@empyre-qr.com

Return to posts index

shyguyjay18
on Nov 7, 2005 at 7:13:04 pm

E-mail me at shyguyjay18@yahoo.ca

Thank you SO much for this. You are my new best friend. :-)

Jay

Return to posts index

aroonzfx
on Nov 7, 2005 at 7:47:42 pm

plz mail me the aep file

to

arun_p_g@rediffmail.com

thanx

aroonz

Return to posts index

ccsmith7
on Nov 8, 2005 at 7:48:20 pm

I would like to see it too. Thanks
ccsmith1@verizon.net

Return to posts index

CaptainMench
on Nov 15, 2005 at 3:07:22 am

Hate to do this to you... but...

Me too please?

captmench@mac.com

Thanks so much.

CaptM

Return to posts index

shyguyjay18
on Nov 15, 2005 at 5:48:45 am

Lito must be busy or have forgotten about us. ;-)
If anyone else out there has created this file, you stand to make a lot of people happy. I attempted it myself but gave up in frustration. Anyone else?

Jay

shyguyjay18@yahoo.ca

Return to posts index

The Gare
on Nov 20, 2005 at 5:09:24 am

I had kinda forgotten about this till someone emailed me the other day asking for it. I never did get it. I t would be great to have it though. Anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]