FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Giant Trapcode Particular - Seems easy enough

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giancarlo Traverso
Red Giant Trapcode Particular - Seems easy enough
on Aug 2, 2020 at 3:07:40 am

I can't for the life of me figure out how to bounce my particles off my Layer 6 (GI epithelium layer). Any ideas from looking at the image what it could be? I'm thinking the grid emitter would work for the style of image it would be working off?

Anyways I'm probably way off so any advice would help at this point.

Thanks
Gian

trapcodeparticularissue.png

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Red Giant Trapcode Particular - Seems easy enough
on Aug 2, 2020 at 7:00:14 am

As far as I know, the Floor layer takes the anchor point as the coordinates (along with the rotation/orientation). Is your layer 6 positioned at the bottom of the cell?

As clunky as it is, you might be better using the included Particle Playground and a mask. This will have the particles bouncing around all the insides of the cell, not just the floor.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - After Effects Tutorials

Return to posts index

Giancarlo Traverso
Re: Red Giant Trapcode Particular - Seems easy enough
on Aug 2, 2020 at 2:24:05 pm

Messed around with the anchor point and position but to no avail.

I do wanna mention that the particles definitely react with the layer if I shift it ever so slightly by a few degrees. Must be something with not being on the exact same plane, not really sure how I could achieve that.

If you really break it down all I'd like to do is add an emitter to a 2d circle and have the particles bounce around inside it. In principle this is the same thing just the centre is slightly irregular cause of the hairs.

I'll move onto Particle Playground if need be :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]