I have been working on a particular project for a little while now. I need to move my final comp over to premier preferably so I can add on a small audio component before final export. The dynamic link between ae and premier just doesn't seem to be working at all, so I was going to at least export the visuals and figure out next steps after.
I have run into a problem where my comp is refusing to export. I had gotten it to run at one point, and it said it was going to take 20 hours to complete. I left it going overnight hoping it would solve itself, and when I woke up, it said it STILL had 20 hours to export. I had to quit that attempt. I have just tried again, and now it refuses to even export at all. When going from media encoder, it tries for a few seconds and then it stops, with the status reading "export failed".
I need to stress that my export is NOT big. It'll end up being about 47 mb or so. It's roughly 30 seconds of animation (albeit there are a lot of moving parts). I do know that things can take a long time when you have any kind of effects in use, but this seems extremely excessive. I have tried this on two different computers as well, just in case my (aging) machine was the issue.
I am at a complete loss. I have looked at tons of different pages and resources, and am just coming up with nothing helpful to me. I have done a bunch of similar work before and never had this issue at all. Literally any suggestions are appreciated
1. Gaussian Blur (used multiple times)
2. Median (noise and grain)
I have a little bit of text animation and a few drop shadows as well. That's really it.
My footage is all photoshop files with layers. I took a scan of a painting, and in photoshop I separated parts into individual layers/patched behind them so that I could animate with a 3d cut paper kind of look.
The source footage is on the higher side of resolution size, yes. I completely hadn't though of that going in, which could easily be the problem. I figured it must be something I was doing wrong like that.
Okay! I'll give that a try as well. Do you have a recommended converter?
I am now running into a related issue with media encoder on one specific computer with this same file.
I recently picked up a computer from a friend who upgraded to a newer model and am trying it out before I commit to paying for it. I am running into a major problem with exporting that may be a dealbreaker if it turns out to be an issue with the specific computer.
This computer has had a failed export every time I have tried to export something on it. The setting I am using seem to be the same on my old computer, which has managed to export a file (after about 30 hours or something). It's possible I'm being silly and not choosing the right settings.
All the computer specs are the same, the difference is that this new one is a 2016 macbook pro, and is running Catalina (10.15.5), while my old one is a 2014 running High Sierra (10.13.6). This is a long shot, but if anyone happens to know what I may be doing wrong, that would be very helpful.