FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Out For Play On North American Smart TVs Progressive?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Rendering Out For Play On North American Smart TVs Progressive?
on Jul 1, 2020 at 1:56:00 pm

Hi, Guys.

I am originally from Canada, but moved to the UK many years ago. Back in Canada, I made a short film that was finished on standard def Digital 8 at 29.97.

I have just now upscaled to HD it in After Effects, using detail preserving upscale, and I would like to put it on Vimeo or Youtube and have mostly people in North America be able to watch it. I also want people to be able to watch it on a computer monitor, so really don't want it to be interlaced.

Is it fine to export as deinterlaced 29.97 1920x1080, and have it play fine on NA smart TVs? Should I render to 30fps (as After Effects gives that option too)

Does anyone know what would happen if someone watched it on a European/Pal smart TV? I don't have a TV to test on.

-Scott

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
Re: Rendering Out For Play On North American Smart TVs Progressive?
on Jul 1, 2020 at 2:53:00 pm

Normally, upload the same frame rate as your content is, with the caveat that de-interlacing is recommended. NTSC or PAL upload makes no difference on YouTube. YouTube will reencode your file anyway for proper deliver to users based on a variety of factors, such as network speed, etc. You can watch YouTube on a smart TV just fine (most of them have an app for YouTube, so you can test it too).

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
Re: Rendering Out For Play On North American Smart TVs Progressive?
on Jul 1, 2020 at 3:06:26 pm

Thanks, Andy!

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]