FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broken Lumetri / Vignette Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Oster
Broken Lumetri / Vignette Effect
on Jun 28, 2020 at 11:50:49 pm
Last Edited By Dan Oster on Jun 28, 2020 at 11:52:30 pm

Hey, all. I opened a two-week old AE project and suddenly the vignette option within Lumetri Color is producing garbage. Project is untouched from before when it worked just fine. The effect seems broken no matter how I apply it and in every instance, even to a straight solid. Broken in After Effects 2019 and 2020. Plus it renders out like junk as well.

The only thing I can think that I did was update my Nvidia drivers for my EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked card a couple days ago. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas for a fix? After Effects is up to date.

Thanks!

- Dan

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
Re: Broken Lumetri / Vignette Effect
on Jun 29, 2020 at 5:29:12 am

I know you want Lumetri to fully work but what about just making a vignette. Lumetri's vignette feature is pretty basic and I feel you often want to change the shape of your vignette rather than just scale something.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 29, 2020 at 10:09:24 pm

lol...i agree with this guy...i personally hate lumetri vignette...its one of the few things lumetri is not good for

Return to posts index

Dan Oster
on Jun 29, 2020 at 10:18:30 pm

Alternatives are fine , and I appreciate the observation, but the Lumetri effect does it in about two clicks and aside from that I don’t want a broken effect in my system. Any idea what’s causing it or how to fix it?

Thanks.

- Dan

Return to posts index

Christian Benci
on Jul 2, 2020 at 12:53:06 am

Hi Dan,

We had the same problem with vignettes and LUT's in Lumetri and we found rolling back the Nvidia driver to a previous version fixed it.

Hopefully this works for you and I agree, the vignette in Lumetri is quick and easy and should work regardless of better alternatives. :)

Return to posts index

Dan Oster
on Jul 2, 2020 at 1:17:31 am

Thank you! It’s nice to have the issue confirmed along with a solution that works. Very much appreciate you taking the time. 👍

- Dan

Return to posts index

Dan Oster
on Jul 10, 2020 at 9:51:33 pm

Good news: the latest NVIDIA driver update has solved the problem on my end. Thanks again for responding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]