FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects + EIZO CG279x

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo Ferreccio
After Effects + EIZO CG279x
on Jun 27, 2020 at 3:05:05 pm

Hello everybody. I am working on a project and grading it in After Effects. I am working on a ASUS ROG laptop, Windows 10 (I currently don't own a workstation, I will in the future). I managed to get the color accurate EIZO CG279x to do the grading, even with the limitations of it being piloted by the ASUS ROG (there's a nvidia card, but the display port out is from the Intel Graphics integrated card; it's obiouvsly a temporary situation, but I must get the best out of it).
I calibrated the EIZO with its own probe to two profiles I'm interested in: sRGB and Rec.709.

So, my question is: how do I set the After Effects properly to take advantage of the screen?

My understanding is: if I am making a sRGB video for web delivery, what I must do is set the monitor to the calibrated sRGB profile and, at the same time, set the AE project to linear, 32bpc and sRGB color profile.
For Rec.709, set the monitor to the calibrated Rec.709 profile and, at the same time, set the AE project to linear, 32bpc and Rec.709 color profile.

Is this right? Am I missing something? I'd be really glad if After Effects experts could help me with any information.

Thanks a lot!
Cheers, Matt

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
Re: After Effects + EIZO CG279x
on Jun 28, 2020 at 3:07:57 am

You have a monitor that supports both profiles and you can set your color working space in the project settings. However, where is your video intended to be shown? Rec.709 is going to give you a larger gamut, but it's recommended for HDTVs. Anything for the web, sRGB is recommended (although I believe Adobe RGB has a larger gamut). If you are rendering for multiple color spaces, Adobe suggests using a color depth higher than 8bpc. Don't forget to choose the output profile in the color management tab in the output module settings.

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]