FORUMS: list search recent posts

No changes visible in main comp after adjusting turbulent noise settings in pre-comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tsovinar Martirosyan
No changes visible in main comp after adjusting turbulent noise settings in pre-comp
on Jun 8, 2020 at 3:26:01 pm
Last Edited By Tsovinar Martirosyan on Jun 8, 2020 at 4:20:24 pm

Dear community members,

I've got a pre-composition that houses:
1. adjustment layer
2. adjustment layer
3. adjustment layer
4. solid with turbulent noise effect

The pre-composition is placed inside the main composition where I have applied several effects to that same pre-composition.
Hence my main composition houses only this:
1. pre-composition with the effects VC Orb, Glow, CC Glass, VC Color Vibrance applied to it

As you probably already guessed, the main composition consists of a sphere I have created with VC Orb, where I have selected the pre-composition housing the turbulent noise as the map source for the diffuse layer.

Now, whenever I adjust my settings of the turbulent noise effect in the pre-composition, I cannot see the changes applied (or correctly applied) on the sphere's surface in the main composition.

An illustration of this anomalous behavior: I change the noise type to check if it is being updated. Say, I change it from X to Y. It works. So I change Y back to X, and then I increase the contrast, but instead of displaying this adjustment, it changes X to Y!

I haven't encountered this type of updating issue anywhere else, and when I use CC Sphere instead of VC Orb this problem does not occur. Perhaps I could speculate that the problem has something to do with the plug-in or the 3D renderer, but then, I am completely ignorant of the nuances that underlie these software.

I've tried restarting, restoring default preferences, changing the renderer, tried to find the live update button but apparently it doesn't exist in 2020. My OS is up to date and I had updated my graphics driver a month or two ago.

What could be the reason and how can I fix this?

Many thanks in advance,
Tsovinar

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: No changes visible in main comp after adjusting turbulent noise settings in pre-comp
on Jun 8, 2020 at 8:17:28 pm

maybe render to a png first...sinc eits only the orb plugin that seems to not be working..i have no other ideas

Return to posts index

Tsovinar Martirosyan
Re: No changes visible in main comp after adjusting turbulent noise settings in pre-comp
on Jun 8, 2020 at 8:21:21 pm

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. I'll keep that in mind.

Return to posts index

Patrick Grossien
on Jun 8, 2020 at 9:54:31 pm
Last Edited By Patrick Grossien on Jun 8, 2020 at 10:06:16 pm

Maybe it's also a good idea to ask Andrew and his crew for insight, since it's their plugin.

I can replicate the behavior in CC2020 even with just one noise precomp layer and VC Orb. The orb doesn't seem to update properly at all.

Return to posts index

Tsovinar Martirosyan
on Jun 9, 2020 at 11:19:03 am

Hi Patrick, thank you so much for replicating the project on your own computer.
I had asked a question in this forum before and then saw that it was sorted in the Video Copilot section as well. I remembered it's applicable to this question as well, tried to figure out how to make it visible in multiple fora, but as I didn't see how, I figured that's something done by the admins, if there are any. Do you think there's a way to add this post to the VC forum instead of copy-pasting it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]