FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Ticker/Looped Scrolling Text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mervin James
New Ticker/Looped Scrolling Text
on Jun 7, 2020 at 10:29:23 pm
Last Edited By Mervin James on Jun 8, 2020 at 12:11:43 pm

Hi guys i'm trying to create a news ticker like, text effect. Specifically like the one in the tiktok videos where it shows the song title scrolling horizontally. I know its easy to create a scrolling text loop but what I'm having trouble with is the space between the loops/texts. The text has to completely reach to the left side of the comp before it shows again leaving a huge gap. Is there a way to get this done like in the tiktok videos? Also the text is subject to change so if the solution can also easily allow for that without having any hassle to change it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Mervin James
Re: New Ticker/Looped Scrolling Text
on Jun 8, 2020 at 12:12:11 pm

anyone please

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 8, 2020 at 3:35:17 pm

Can you share a reference video so we can see what the effect is supposed to look like?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mervin James
on Jun 9, 2020 at 1:39:01 am

Hi Walter thanks for replying. Here is a youtube video with the effect. It should play from the point where you can see the scrolling text.

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
on Jun 9, 2020 at 2:58:21 am

The video example started at the beginning for me and I guess I'm too old to have TikTok, but it looks like you're wanting the song titles in the bottom left of the screen to scroll repeatedly with only a few spaces of gap instead of waiting for the title to clear out on the left side before appearing on the right side? If that is a proper understanding of what you are looking to do, why not just scroll one layer of text from right to left and then duplicate the layer, move its positioning keyframes further to the right by the spacing you want, and then parent it to the first layer. Repeat as needed. I assume you'll have a mask over the scrolling text covering it up until the area of the screen where you want it to appear.

Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
----- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com -----

Return to posts index

Mervin James
on Jun 9, 2020 at 2:32:08 pm

Thanks for your reply Andy... I did copy the link with the current time but seems that pasting here caused it to just start from the beginning for some reason... But yes you are correct about what I'm looking to do. I have tried your suggestion but because the text is gonna change (I am creating a template) that would cause many issues for anyone who is gonna change it. Spacing issues etc. I do appreciate your reply and it would have been perfect if the text was always gonna remain the same... Also you're never too old for TikTok, just depends on how you use it. 👍

If anyone else can help with maybe expressions or something. Id appreciate that.

Return to posts index

Mervin James
on Jun 10, 2020 at 4:13:42 pm

Can anyone else help please

Return to posts index

Ranveer Singh
on Jun 12, 2020 at 9:02:35 am

Goto Effects>Distort>Offset Apply it to the text you want to scroll. Animate the X value of Shift Center To.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]