FORUMS: list search recent posts

Palette Mapper for Adobe After Effects v1.0 officially released - 100% FREE.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Rosenman
Palette Mapper for Adobe After Effects v1.0 officially released - 100% FREE.
on Jun 2, 2020 at 4:50:29 pm

Hi gang;

I've just published my free plugin for Adobe After Effects, called Palette Mapper. It is 100% free! Here's some info about it:

I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of Palette Mapper for Adobe After Effects.

Palette Mapper is an exciting plugin for Adobe After Effects that extracts the color palette from a video sequence on a frame-by-frame basis and maps it horizontally into an image using vertical lines. Palette Mapper can be used as a creative application to produce beautiful imagery, or as an analytical tool for the study of color grading in film, video and animation.

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Palette Mapper works by scanning each frame of the footage, analyzing all the pixel values to extrapolate an averaged frame color, and mapping them into a set of sequential vertical lines. The result is an image showcasing the changes in tone and luminance throughout the entire length of a sequence. Although there are various tools available to achieve a similar effect, it’s always been through a complex and time consuming process, often hindered by technical limitations.

Monsters, Inc. (2001)

From creative backgrounds to film analysis, Palette Mapper is a must-have plugin for artists, videographers and designers alike. For more info, check out the Palette Mapper Product Page!
Have Fun,
-Richard

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Palette Mapper for Adobe After Effects v1.0 officially released - 100% FREE.
on Jun 3, 2020 at 10:02:15 pm

Ive seen this idea done with the average temerature of the day for a year...but its for video...

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Palette Mapper for Adobe After Effects v1.0 officially released - 100% FREE.
on Jun 4, 2020 at 1:39:42 am

Maybe off-topic but what's the name of that effect that does the directional color smear?
That was up there with lens flare as far as overused effects :)

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 4, 2020 at 3:39:56 pm

i believe the technique your talking about invovles adding a mosaic and then stretching

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 4, 2020 at 6:06:40 pm

[Richard Garabedain] "i believe the technique your talking about invovles adding a mosaic and then stretching"

I am not sure if that is it.
I know that it smears the one pixel dependent on a direction to infinity.
I can mimic this by duplicating the layer and masking a thin portion and scale to an extreme amount.
You have to place the anchor in the right spot to achieve it though.
There as a plug-in and now its defunct many moons ago.
Basically stopped working on newer versions of CC.

Return to posts index

Richard Rosenman
on Jun 4, 2020 at 3:45:20 pm

That sounds pretty cool. I'd love to check it out - got a link?

-Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]