FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects cc 2019 doesn't use all PC resources

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Idris Oulmane
After effects cc 2019 doesn't use all PC resources
on May 30, 2020 at 2:29:04 pm

Dear friends,

I have after effects cc 2019 running on dell precision t3610 with Xeon 1650 V3 @3.5 Ghz with 32 GB ram and Nvidia RTX 2080 (Win 10 X64). (All drivers are updated)
I created a composition with the following element inside :
- VCP ORB at 32bit and the megascan quixel spaceship model with element 3D
- Optical flares and couple lights (4)

I enabled GPU acceleration in after effects but it preforms so slow and when I look to the task manager, I see that After effects use only about 20% at max of my CPU (about one core core -CPU 1-) and 4% of the GPU !!? when I render using media Encoder CC 2019 same thing it doesn't use all gpu ressources neither CPU ressources (25 % average), I even used the BG render max but it go's onlu up to 40% of CPU ??! :/
I searched every where on the internet but I didn't find any answer to understand the reason of its low performance ?! Please help, I am loosing a lot of time when I use after effects because of this issue !

You can see in the attached a screenshots

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After effects cc 2019 doesn't use all PC resources
on Jun 1, 2020 at 10:14:08 pm

After Effects is like that.

The Ae dev team has been gradually modernizing the architecture for the last few years, but there's obviously significant room for improvement still.

How many instances of Ae are you running with BG Renderer Max?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Idris Oulmane
on Jun 4, 2020 at 1:00:18 pm

Thank you for your answer. I think only one is running I used 11 cores. Even when I use CUDA acceleration on the preview port it just boost the speed like 10% but still doesn't use all my GPU memory or speed (it shows like 3 to 4% in task manager). Therefore I believe as you said it is just the After effects algorithm which is old and too slow.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 2, 2020 at 3:18:36 pm

Yes Ae is just like that...On my intensive render this morning it said CPU % was only 8 and memory was at 30%...and yet i couldnr really do anything else it was so slow

Return to posts index

Idris Oulmane
on Jun 4, 2020 at 1:02:31 pm

Same here, I spend a lot of time for simple things. I wounder how big VFX companies like Videocopilot deal with this !??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]