FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating Transformations Between Text Paths

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lochlan Doyle
Animating Transformations Between Text Paths
on May 13, 2020 at 2:15:08 pm

Hi all! ☺

I'm looking to create a smooth transformation from one font to another in after effects. Basically, I want to have either 1 word, (or if possibly 1 phrase) transform from Font A to font B to display their differences. I know that I can animate one font's path to conform to the other font's path.. but the trouble is the movement between the to is all jumbled, points going in any which way direction and certainly not remaining to the same letter.

I'm sure there is already a post about this sort of thing so apologies in advance if I missed it. I know this is one of those things that's much easier said than done but if anyone has any workflows or workarounds for this, I'd greatly appreciate any input. ☺

Thanks in advance!

L

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Animating Transformations Between Text Paths
on May 13, 2020 at 6:51:57 pm

you need to set first first vertex on the starting path and on the ending path so that they are relatively in the same position. right click sett first vertex. how does it look now

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on May 13, 2020 at 7:15:55 pm

Setting the first vertex is a good first step, but for interpolating between complex paths I highly recommend looking into the Mask Interpolation window and it's options:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/animating-shape-paths-masks.htm...

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Lochlan Doyle
on May 13, 2020 at 8:11:24 pm

OMG Thank you! How could I have not heard of Mask Interpolation until now..

<3
L

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]