FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireframe Globe like Nostromo computer in Alien 1979

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Moylan
Wireframe Globe like Nostromo computer in Alien 1979
on May 3, 2020 at 7:26:02 pm

Hello all,
I'm trying to create the graphics from the movie Alien 1979. The Nostromo computer shows and orbital decent with concentric rectangles. (Not sure my attached image come out ok) and a wireframe globe. I tried creating a grid, then applied a sphere, but the outer circumference of the planet is a definitive circle, but this is not how my sphere looks. Also I need to turn off the shading effect but can't completely remove it. As in the movie the graphics were very basic analogue.

Also the rectangular pattern that represents the ships decent I have tried to create using a rectangular shape and added a repeater. It's not perfect, but the globe is a problem. I'm not very good with after effects, if anyone has a few guides I'd greatfully appreciate it.

Many thanks
John

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Wireframe Globe like Nostromo computer in Alien 1979
on May 4, 2020 at 3:11:56 pm

use the plugin called ORB...its free at videocopilot. or use the plugin cc sphere..besides that..grid effect

Return to posts index

John Moylan
on May 7, 2020 at 4:56:37 pm

Hello
Thanks for your suggestion. The problem using sphere in AE is it adds shading which is not how it appears in the movie. I can't completely remove the shading without blowing out the lines of the globe with the brightness.
Thanks again though.

John

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on May 7, 2020 at 5:10:58 pm

???...OHHH..I see now. You are more of a novice than I thought. ..Look for 3 little icons on the bottom left of your timeline panel. toggle each until you see a mode appear for all of your layers and go to add

Return to posts index

John Moylan
on May 7, 2020 at 6:53:20 pm

Hello,

Yes a am very new to the software I regret to say... ☹
I have switched on those three toggles as you suggested, but then you said to go to add? Add what exactly? The other problem with the globe is if you use grid, and apply sphere to it the grid is see thru. I have tried making a grid in Illustrator and importing it with a topographic map as its background and applied the sphere to that, it sorts the transparent globe problem, but the shading of the sphere is still an issue. Sorry if these questions are really dumb.
Thanks again for the response.

John

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on May 7, 2020 at 8:00:53 pm

its usually one of the first things people learn when first starting off. they are called layer modes. each layer will say normal. click on that and scroll down to add or screen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]