FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d text not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Zhang
3d text not working
on Apr 26, 2020 at 6:59:55 pm

I'm trying to make an AMV on after effects and I'm trying to make 3d text to move like it's in a 3d environment but for some reason it's not working

example - 2:54

here's my problem https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W5-9C66bjSWXNtdphux9xoQCsnwUVoZF

Intel Core i5 8400
Gtx 1060 3gb
32gb ram

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: 3d text not working
on Apr 26, 2020 at 7:05:11 pm

We really need to see your text layers' positions in the timeline in the Ae UI to know what's going on, but I'd guess you haven't separated them in the Z dimension from the 3D null. You will not get any parallax effect on your text if it's all positioned at the same depth.

Select a text layer, hit P to reveal its position, and push or pull forward or backwards in space by manipulating its Z value.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Daniel Zhang
on Apr 26, 2020 at 7:16:02 pm

the text disappears when moving the z position

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13CQz3JzIirvf5TAxBMW6eM4u5PKL2yvc

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 26, 2020 at 8:04:57 pm

It disappears when you send the text far enough back that it goes behind the position of the video layer in space.

If you don't need the video layer to respond to the camera moves, don't make it a 3D layer. If you need it to respond somewhat, push it further back in Z-space, then scale it up to fill the frame.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Daniel Zhang
on Apr 26, 2020 at 8:31:59 pm

Thank you, I got it to work by pushing pack the z space and scaling it down THANK YOU SO MUCH IVE BEEN STUCK ON THIS PROBLEMS FOREVER

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Apr 27, 2020 at 4:47:52 pm

is it obvious...? your background is also 3d which needs to be switched off. it never needs to be 3d...and if you just want to use the track camera feature in the tacker panel...this would make your job much easier and faster..it will create hundreds of points..you juck click on the ones you want and make null..or it gives you the option to make text instead of nulls

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]