FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects slow save/open & freeze when connected to internet

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Kober
After Effects slow save/open & freeze when connected to internet
on Apr 20, 2020 at 4:25:08 pm

I've been having an issue with with every version of After Effects (currently on 17.0.6) since I got my computer about a year ago (no other program has given me this issue), any After Effects file ~10 mb or larger is horrendously slow when it comes to saving and opening. I would accept that my computer is just slow, but I've opened these same files on other older computers with much older CPU's and less RAM, and the same files can save and open in a matter of seconds.

Today I opened up After Effects CC2020 without realizing I was disconnected from the internet, and I noticed my save times were no longer an issue. Normally it takes ~27 seconds & a "Not Responding" freeze to save a ~10mb file on this computer, but I was shocked when the file saved in about 1 second. I then noticed I wasn't connected to the internet, and sure enough, re-enabling my ethernet replicated the freezing, slow saving & slow file opening. Are there any fixes to this? I brought this up the Adobe support months ago. We did the usual uninstall/reinstall but they eventually closed my ticket and told me that getting a "(Not Responding)" message upon every same was normal behavior. They weren't convinced there was any issue other than a faulty CPU, (which didn't make sense to me, because testing the same files on other computers with MUCH older CPUs gave me no problems).I also reached out to Intel support, and their diagnostics found no issues with my CPU. Someone suggested to me that 3rd party programs could be causing this, so I wiped all my drives and reset windows 10, but even still with After Effects and the CC app being the only programs on my computer, I'm still having the freezing issue.

System Specs
DELL U2518D 2560 x 1440p monitor
i7-8700k
GTX 1060
32g RAM Samsung SSD
860 EVO 500 GB (for OS)
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250 GB (for Disk Cache)
Seagate Skyhawk 1 TB (for Media)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]