FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to automatically mute pieces of a clip that have been time remapped?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bernal
Is there a way to automatically mute pieces of a clip that have been time remapped?
on Apr 1, 2020 at 3:08:57 am

So I do a lot of time remapping on montage clips. What I've been doing this whole time is remapping it then muting the audio by adding an audio keyframe right before the remap then one frame later lowering it to lowest volume and then when the remap is over bringing it back to 0 db.

What I'm looking for is a way for After Effects to automatically mute audio that has been time remapped because it is very tedious doing this for every single clip.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Is there a way to automatically mute pieces of a clip that have been time remapped?
on Apr 3, 2020 at 6:08:30 pm
Last Edited By Darby Edelen on Apr 3, 2020 at 6:09:46 pm

You'd need an expression on the audio levels. Something like this:

min = -64;
transition = 0.1;
s = Math.abs(timeRemap.speed - 1);
linear(s, 0, Math.max(0.001, transition), [value, value], [min, min]);

This should lower the audio levels from the keyframed values to -64 dB as the speed of the timeRemap property changes from 1 to 0.9 or 1.1.

You can change the target audio level by changing the 'min' variable in the expression. If you want to make the drop in volume less sudden you'd increase the value of the 'transition' variable. If you want it more sudden you can decrease it.

I haven't tested this expression, writing from memory on my mobile so let me know if anything doesn't work.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Is there a way to automatically mute pieces of a clip that have been time remapped?
on Apr 10, 2020 at 2:22:33 pm

I love that. Such a neat solution.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]