FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blood Splatter Part Of The World Pt 2

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Reed
Blood Splatter Part Of The World Pt 2
on Mar 26, 2020 at 1:12:39 pm

I've made progress, even making the blood splatter *now made with particles* a 3D layer and rotating 45 degrees Diagetic left. It still feels not enough and the Director agrees. I've also added Gaussian blur as well as messed around with the contrast. Please, what do i need to do to take this to the next level.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Blood Splatter Part Of The World Pt 2
on Mar 26, 2020 at 6:26:17 pm

As I said in your previous post, your physics here are just plain wrong, which is why this doesn't look right.

There is NO BLOOD SPLATTER on the entry side of a bullet wound. The exit wound is where blood splatter comes from. I am speaking from experience of editing hunting films, in which I have watched many real bullets go through many real animals. Yes, I know this is a weird qualification to flex, but it is oddly relevant here. I won't link to them, but go search something like "hunting kill shots" on YouTube to see what I'm talking about.

Handgun bullets sometimes don't even go through-and-through, so maybe this bullet didn't, either.

In this case, even if you got the physics right, you are probably spinning your wheels, because the left of the frame where the blood splatter would actually appear is very dark, making it nearly pointless to even insert it. Frankly, I think that you and the director are overthinking this shot. It's dark. You can barely see anything anyway. Forget the blood splatter in this wide shot. If there's a close-up of the actor afterwards with blood on his shirt, the audience will get it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]