FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advanced Lightning doesn't work correctly (or at least the same as tutorial) in "bouncey" setting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Marston
Advanced Lightning doesn't work correctly (or at least the same as tutorial) in "bouncey" setting
on Mar 20, 2020 at 10:08:24 pm

I'm following the video copilot

. When he changes the Advanced Lighting effect to "bouncey" my lighting doesn't look the nearly the same, still like a strike rather than a cloud/knot of bolts. Similarly, no matter where I place the Direction point when using the "bouncey" type, the lighting always point to the right never the left. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kyland Ziegler
Re: Advanced Lightning doesn't work correctly (or at least the same as tutorial) in "bouncey" setting
on Mar 22, 2020 at 2:23:53 pm

I have been experimenting with this and it seems to work pretty well if you turn the “Alpha Obstacle” to a value of 1. I don’t necessarily know why it works, but it was the only way I could solve this problem.

Hope it works for you! Happy Sunday.

-Ky

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Advanced Lightning doesn't work correctly (or at least the same as tutorial) in "bouncey" setting
on Mar 22, 2020 at 2:41:15 pm

So - this is an interesting one connected to comp size.

Andrew is working at 1280 by 720 and I just tried to replicate it with an HD comp. Bouncey looks totally normal, until I set the Origin and Direction coordinates to match Andrew's.

And i think the same is true with the pointing left.

I think it might be best to approximate the positions of the origin and direction, rather than copying the coordinate values.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]