FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to achieve a ramp up scale / zoom effect with keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Opamo
How to achieve a ramp up scale / zoom effect with keyframes?
on Mar 1, 2020 at 1:58:45 am

Hi all,

I have a close up shot of an eye and I want to end on the pupil of the eye (which will act as a transition into the next scene)

The current issue is the keyframes are getting to the pupil of the eye way too fast. Is there a way I can play around with the keyframes or graph editor so it starts off slow - zooming in for about 5 seconds and then for the last 2 seconds it ramps up and zooms into the pupil?

I've tried different combinations of eased keyframes but the transition between slow zoom to fast zoom isn't seamless. The slow zoom in this instance slows down almost to a halt before speeding back up to reach the next keyframe. What I'm looking for would be a slow zoom in that gets faster about 5 seconds into the footage.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: How to achieve a ramp up scale / zoom effect with keyframes?
on Mar 7, 2020 at 12:09:01 pm

Instead of zooming, try using a 3D layer of the eye and moving towards it with a c9mp camera. This will look quite different, more natural (expected) and get you closer to what you’re after.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: How to achieve a ramp up scale / zoom effect with keyframes?
on Mar 10, 2020 at 6:59:43 pm

Or, if you really want to scale instead, try the Keyframe Assistant Exponential Scale feature. See here [link]. I believe you can use this with the Detail Preserving Upscale effect too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]