FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would you randomise the rows of a composition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Houston
How would you randomise the rows of a composition?
on Feb 25, 2020 at 11:15:47 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking for ideas for how to address the following:

My composition is 1920 columns x 1080 rows. I'd like to apply an effect which randomises the rows. Maybe row 4 now appears where row 1 should be, row 1 is now randomly 921 rows down. All 1080 rows should still be visible, they're just randomly repositioned.

Does anyone have any ideas how you'd achieve that? I've been using after effects for 17 + years, but can't figure this one out

Thanks
James

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: How would you randomise the rows of a composition?
on Feb 26, 2020 at 12:12:22 pm

Your description is a bit confusing, I have no idea what you actually have in your timeline when you mention rows and columns. I imagine you want to do some sort of line scrambling in an image. If that's the case, I can't imagine any other way but to break down the image into 1080 horizontal lines, so AE may not be the ideal software to make that. (It seems to be a job for an image processor program that accepts custom code libraries)

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: How would you randomise the rows of a composition?
on Feb 28, 2020 at 8:01:27 pm

you want to creat 1080 rows...each 1 pixel of height...wow...there is no way after effects will be able to keep up with that..unless its a plugin..you wont even be able to see more than about 300 rows..after that it just looks like scan lines...maybe card dance can do it..i cant think of much else...ohh except for element 3d...actually yes it would work there but you prbably could only get a max of 100 rows in element

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]