FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a logo repeat along a path but also move/track with video behind it

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry McCarthy
Making a logo repeat along a path but also move/track with video behind it
on Feb 20, 2020 at 7:15:10 pm

Hi gang:

My guess is I've way over-complicated what I'm trying to do, so maybe easiest thing to start with is what our (internal) client is looking for.

We have a logo (vector). We have a mp4 video from Google Earth Pro slowly zooming out from city level to the wider region, then eventually earth. They want the logo to start on its own over the city, then spread out (think repeater) to nearby towns, then from those towns to other towns. And, the trick here is that it would need to scale back (down) as the video zooms out.

I guess the effect would be like seeing the logo spread out over a region ... contagion style? I feel like you see this in movies sometime.

So, where I'm at is, I can get the scaling of the logo to follow the zooming out no problem by tracking it. I figured maybe then I could somehow use the repeater (or something like it) to have the logo multiply and move along a path?

Hope the question makes sense. I feel like there's a solution here. I just have reached the limits of how to think about solving this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Gerry McCarthy
Re: Making a logo repeat along a path but also move/track with video behind it
on Feb 20, 2020 at 7:20:59 pm

PS -- I'm assuming I might be able to do something with the echo effect, which is what I'm playing with now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]