FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha data to AE mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conan Stott
Mocha data to AE mask
on Feb 17, 2020 at 1:50:04 am

I know this would have been asked before but a search did not get me what I wanted, please have patience.

So I want to use Mocha for what would be one of its most common purposes, to rack an object and cut a hole in that object using a mask. I need to cut a hole in it, not put something ontop of it.

So I made a mask in AE that cuts the hole where I want it to be, I tracked the object in Mocha and it tracked well. BUT how to I know connect the two? How do I use this data and apply it to the mask? I can apply it to another layer easy enough but not a mask.

Also, I can see the options for generating mask using the Mocha interface but that creates a mask that is based on my x-spline points in Mocha which is not what I want.

I tried to picwhip the "path" of the mask to a layer with the Mocha tracking data but the mask did not seem to react to it at all.

I mus be missing something simple here, help will be much appreciated. :)

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: Mocha data to AE mask
on Feb 17, 2020 at 6:01:56 am

If you already have an existing mask that you want to apply tracking data to, there's a number of ways to do this.

Use a solid:
1. Cut and paste your existing AE mask to a solid
2. Paste the tracking data to that
3. Use the masked solid as a track matte.

You will need to align the Mocha surface to the full dimensions of the image to make sure it is fully pinned as you want it.

Alternatively, use MochaImport plus to import your existing AE mask into Mocha:
https://aescripts.com/mochaimport/

In general, it's just easier to do the whole workflow inside Mocha, however.

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | Mocha - Boris FX (Imagineer Systems)

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Mocha data to AE mask
on Feb 17, 2020 at 5:43:36 pm

add mocha to video..go to full res..then hit the mocha button..draw mask/s in mocha..track..fix mask track...save, exit. go back to ae..mocha effectt-- ae masks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]