FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating 3d tunnel for an absolute beginner

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Maag
Creating 3d tunnel for an absolute beginner
on Feb 9, 2020 at 5:52:17 pm

I am wanting to create a 3d Tunnel modeled after this (https://alleverythingentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Bucks.jpg) and "fly through it" straight on just a fast zoom to a transparent opening at the end. This tunnel (https://motionarray.com/after-effects-templates/light-tunnel-logo-22682) is the look I am going for but how do I go about beginning to create this and how can i "fly through it faster than in this example?

Ive tried taking a png of the light tubes tracing them and bringing them into element 3d but it doesn't look right at all. Would this project require Blender or Cinema4d and then bring it into After Effects? I apologize as I am new to this. I would appreciate any insight on how to accomplish this!

Return to posts index

John Williams
Re: Creating 3d tunnel for an absolute beginner
on Feb 10, 2020 at 10:13:42 am

Hi there, this is possible in After Effects without any plug-ins needed.

I can either give you a step by step guide how to do it or send you a project file with the tunnel effect created that you can deconstruct and reuse as you wish.

Please just let me know;)

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

Tyler Maag
on Feb 10, 2020 at 1:36:39 pm

Thanks for your reply John! If you would be willing to share a project file I would greatly appreciate it! could you send to maagbtyler@gmail.com? Thank you for your timely response!

Return to posts index

John Williams
on Feb 11, 2020 at 10:15:14 am

Hi there, here's a link to the project file.

As it's built in the Cinema 4D renderer in After Effects i'd recommend working in the 'Fast Draft' mode when animating as it is much faster.

You will see 5 comps just to show the different stages. Stages 4 & 5 are the more finished ones. Please not it's been created in CC2020 so won't open in earlier versions.

https://sohoeditors.com/download/Forum%20Questions.aep.zip

Hope that helps;)

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

Tyler Maag
on Feb 11, 2020 at 2:04:14 pm

Thanks John it is definitely the look im going for! Pardon the perhaps dumb question but as far as animating it would I trace the 5 bar comps, add a solid above the comps then apply e3d and assign the custom masks and extrude? Thanks again for your help!

Return to posts index

John Williams
on Feb 11, 2020 at 2:23:43 pm

Hi there, not totally clear on what you are saying when you say 'trace' and 'e3d' and assign the custom masks and extrude.
3D comps like this are unfortunately not that simple so I created this one as simple as possible. It depends what you want to animate but if you move the Camera layer through the tunnel all the 3D layers will respond to the movement.

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

Tyler Maag
on Feb 11, 2020 at 3:24:49 pm

Sorry for confusion, sounds good I will use the camera layer and mess around with it, I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]