I'll preface this by saying, I'm not an expert with after effects by any means, but , likewise, I'm no beginner. I largely understand the foundations of After Effects and have been using it relatively extensively for the last year. I say that to, hopefully, rule out the doubt in everyone's mind that this is due entirely to a beginner's lack of knowledge, because I'm fairly certain it's something a bit more complicated.
In short, I have a precomp with another precomp nested inside of it. This nested precomp is not time remapped. The only keyframes I'm adjusting are those of position and scale. However, the keyframes are behaving incredibly unpredictably and are almost impossible to control.
Some symptoms for example's sake:
1. Inability to select a keyframe unless dragging the cursor over it. (No direct click)
2. Inability to right-click keyframes (consequence of symptom 1)
3. Ability to edit/move a keyframe ceases after moving it on timeline (arbitrary keyframes are suddenly locked in place for no apparent reason)
4. Clicking and dragging keyframe moves it a disproportionate distance relative to the amount the mouse has traveled (much further or shorter)
5. Ease timing becomes distorted far beyond reasonable expectation when making a minor adjustment.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Maybe I'm more of a rookie than I know, but I've never encountered anything like this before. Any help would be appreciated.