FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle and text fall...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kiven nekek
Particle and text fall...
on Feb 3, 2020 at 12:39:38 am

HELP!
I'm wonder if you have any ideas about how i can make this animation and especially the animation of the text
link:
https://imgur.com/a/Eg4PfKy

Return to posts index

Chaz Chester
Re: Particle and text fall...
on Feb 3, 2020 at 3:27:57 am

• It would be somewhat tedious, but you could achieve this by putting your text and some colored shapes or solids in a pre-comp, adding a small circular mask to the pre-comp itself, duplicating the layer and moving the mask to reveal different parts of the pre-comp's contents, using a script to center the anchor points on all of the layers at once, converting them all to 3D layers, and then manually animating the position and rotations.
  • I've seen people use scripts to create particle simulations, so there might be someone out there who could write one for this.
  • It wouldn't look the same, but you could achieve something similar to this by using the Shatter effect and reversing the result.
  • Most 3D software, like Cinema 4D, would allow you to easily simulate falling circles like this.

Return to posts index

John Williams
Re: Particle and text fall...
on Feb 3, 2020 at 10:34:21 am

Hi there. I'd certainly agree with Chaz. This is almost definitely best done in Cinema 4D but unfortunately the Lite version that comes with After Effects won't give you the particles and gravity dynamics, however, the good news is you can just download the 14 day trial;)

There's loads of tutorials how to get it going in that, Greyscale Gorilla is a top site for Cinema4D.

Hope that helps if you choose to go that route, it's the future for motion graphics;)

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]