FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with sub-comp time "displacement" when using Time Remapping or Posterize Time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Bonet
Issues with sub-comp time "displacement" when using Time Remapping or Posterize Time
on Feb 1, 2020 at 4:27:05 pm

The issue is this: I have a Comp A with a Sub-Comp B in it. Sub-Comp B has, say, a frame-by-frame animation and, over it, I've digitally animated something in AE that follows the movement in the f-b-f animation. Finally, in Comp A I have a Posterize Time effect in order to make it all have the same stop-motion-y feel. Everything, the photo sequence and the comps is set to the same frame rate. However, when I jog through Comp A I can clearly see the movements of both elements in Sub-Comp B don't match anymore. If I turn the PT effect off, they obviously match.

I come across this same issue when using Time Remapping. And I've always come across this issue; only usually I've solved it by moving stuff around manually or pre-rendering sub-comps. But today I'm working on a project that won't allow any workarounds.

So finally I'm here asking how you guys solve these issues. If all frame rates are equal, and the frame rates I'm using are whole numbers (no 23,97 fps that'll certainly cause weird issues!), I don't understand why AE should cause these weird behaviours.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]