FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edge Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elan dassani
Edge Blur
on Jan 21, 2020 at 7:21:27 am

hey guys, sorry if this is rather basic, but I'm looking to do a simple "Edge Blur" in After Effects. I used to use Red Giant's Key Correct (and it was awesome), but they killed it! Why why why?? Supercomp is not the same at all.

I also use Edge Blur in Nuke all the time.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

elan dassani
Re: Edge Blur
on Jan 21, 2020 at 7:25:00 am

My old keying suite license still works! Hurray! But I suspect not for future version pasts AE 2020

Return to posts index

John Williams
on Jan 21, 2020 at 10:11:21 am

Hi there! I can't recall exactly how RG's Edge blur used to work but when blurring an edge in After Effects I use 'Channel Blur' and just blur the Alpha. Simple.

If you want more control then Refine Soft Matte & Refine Hard Matte are two other inbuilt effects (these can process a bit slower). You can also try the Matte Chocker.

If you need still more complex control, you could make a copy of the layer, put it above the original, set it to be a 'Track Matte' and then apply any blur of your choosing to it.

Hope one of those helps;)

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

elan dassani
on Jan 21, 2020 at 10:18:47 am

Yep, done all of that too, but Channel blur doesn’t work nearly as well as edge blur, which had multiple controls including adjusting the color of the blur! Made fixing mattes quickly much easier . nukes’s edge blur works the same way and it’s glorious. A major missing piece of After Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]