FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text on a path is anchored by top of text instead of bottom.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Pokrandt
Text on a path is anchored by top of text instead of bottom.
on Jan 18, 2020 at 7:26:58 pm

Hi!

I'm using After Effects to animation some text along a path and I'm running into an issue I can't find a solution for online.

The text I'm using seems to be anchored to the path by the top of the text rather than it the bottom of the text anchoring to the path. Because of this the text is upside down when I have it run on the exterior of the path. When I Reverse Path it is upside right, but on the interior of the path cause some weird overlap of the letters when it goes around the 45 degree angles on the corners of the path. as you can see below:

On Exterior of Path:

Settings:

On Interior of Path:

Settings:

I've tried several things but nothing has been successful yet. One post said the issue is coming from the vertex of the mask but I've tried several times to draw the mask from different points and drawing it in different directions. I think if I could get the text to anchor from the bottom instead of the top it would solve the issue but I don't know if this is something you're able to do with after effects.

I feel like there's probably a simple solution to this that I'm not seeing the answer to. Please let me know if any other details Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Text on a path is anchored by top of text instead of bottom.
on Jan 19, 2020 at 12:32:31 pm

Hey Evan, what you need to do is the following:
1. Close down all layer properties (arrow on the left )
2. Reveal all layer properties again, inside 'Text' section there will be 'More Options'.
3. See how anchorpoint grouping as well as grouping alignment can suit your needs.

Hope this helps !

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]