FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to change a color of to white in after effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan elder
Is it possible to change a color of to white in after effects?
on Jan 18, 2020 at 5:37:14 am

There is an object in a video I would like to change from green to white. But is this possible? There is the 'change to color' feature, but won't work for white because white is not a color. Since white is a wavelength, or there a feature where you can change the wavelength of something in the scene?

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Is it possible to change a color of to white in after effects?
on Jan 19, 2020 at 12:36:13 pm

Hey, apply 'Change to Color' and then do the following - affect 'Change' and 'Change By':

Change - from 'Hue' to 'Hue saturation & lightness'
Change By - from 'Setting to Color' to 'Transforming to Color'

It might still not be exactly as you want to, but this will interpret more transforming changes, and chances are you could get away with this, by tweaking the tolerances below.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Jan 19, 2020 at 5:35:15 pm

Okay thanks, this helps! So I was able to change the color of the object to mostly what I want. However, there is still an outlight of green around it. How can I get rid of that outline? I tried finding tutorials on it, but it didn't work and the outline is still there.

Return to posts index

Chaz Chester
on Jan 31, 2020 at 9:07:04 am

The thin stroke of green is probably aliasing from Change to Color. It's the one big downside of the effect. You could try adding additional Change to Color effects, but the simplest solution might be an Inner Glow layer style; setting it to white with a normal blend mode should cover the edges of your object, hiding the green.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 31, 2020 at 1:56:38 pm

Alternatively, you could use any of your favorite keying effects to pull a key from the object, reverse it (so you have just the object, and then apply a couple of color correction effects to turn it white. Then you would have a bit more control over what's getting the color change and what isn't (eliminating that halo you've currently got).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jan 31, 2020 at 4:53:23 pm

dude...its green...so its like a green screen? you can do anytthing you want to it...isolate the green, tint to white..put back in the scene

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]