FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing the scale of a shape layer makes the selector tool useless for path adjustments?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kavon Zamanian
Keyframing the scale of a shape layer makes the selector tool useless for path adjustments?
on Jan 9, 2020 at 8:28:18 pm

My current project features a lot of duplicates of a shape layer, each with some small adjustments required of the dimensions. I normally select the shape path and use the marquee selector tool to drag-select multiple vertices for adjustment. But for some reason, once I've added scale keyframes to that layer, it changes the selector tool mode to some awful nonsense in which I can no longer drag the marquee box. Instead, if I click anywhere in the composition it'll select the "nearest" vertex or vertices. Moreover, if I want to draw another shape within that same shape layer, I no longer can. Instead, when I try it just adds a vertex to the existing shape.

Anyone know a way to combat this? Is it a feature or a bug? It's absolutely destroying my workflow right now and it's infuriating. I can't imagine why this would be a feature based on something as arbitrary as a change in scale.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]