FORUMS: list search recent posts

Painted layer will not transfer to final composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas jackson
Painted layer will not transfer to final composition
on Dec 19, 2019 at 12:04:15 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to after effects but seem to grasp some of the basics. However I cannot find an answer elsewhere on the web to what i have run into.

So basically, I have made a painted layer, separate to the composition layer in order to paint, I am able to view the brush patterns on the layer until I click on "paint on transparent" the layer goes black, only leaving the unedited brush paths.
When trying to view the composition render, this layer has not been added at all, I have tried remaking the whole layer or numerous layers at different points in the video but it seems to me that I am still running into the same problem.
I am not sure if i have mis-clicked a setting for the to occur. I had no problems with my methods beforehand, as the brush paths would seem to naturally add to teh composition after editing.

I have attached a picture below if it will help.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Painted layer will not transfer to final composition
on Dec 19, 2019 at 6:31:17 pm

Select your painted layer and press 'PP' -- the P key, twice -- to reveal all the paint strokes on the layer. Please also open your Paint panel, then post a screenshot showing both of those.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

thomas jackson
on Dec 19, 2019 at 8:50:42 pm

Hi Walter,

I have attached both the frames and the paint panel (on the side).
Still no luck on my end. The only other notable thing I can remember was changing the pixel diameter of the brush to custom 25ppx at the time but I can't imagine that it would change much.
Cheers,
thomas

Return to posts index

thomas jackson
on Dec 19, 2019 at 9:56:47 pm

Just to add further,
After playing around with it more, I cannot seem to add any further layers with paint at any point in the video. A similar problem arises where the composition will not show the new layers.

What my thoughts might be is that either one of the layers could be bugged..? resulting in subsequent layers not to be applied appropriately.
or
could I have reached max limit of edits on the video? It is not busy at all, I am just highlighting lines of interest with colours.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]