FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two Issues: Media Encoder not found ALSO After Effects Cache acting up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Habeeb Mohammed
Two Issues: Media Encoder not found ALSO After Effects Cache acting up
on Dec 11, 2019 at 5:29:09 pm

I have two main issues right now with After Effects.

The first being After Effects not finding Media Encoder. This is my fault, as I moved all of my adobe programs to a new disk because I was running low on storage on my main SSD. However, I cannot find an option to relocate Media Encoder in After Effects i.e. replace the previous path that does not work to the new disk's path. Media Encoder does work however, although I find it easier to export straight from After Effects rather than opening up Media Encoder.

The second being a problem with After Effects itself. My cache seems to be bugging out, and dumping as soon as I finish playback.
When I start playback, I start the cache, and once it is done(the green bar is filled), the playback starts. As it should. However, when I stop playback, the green bar turns back to grey as if the cache was dumped, and if I try to scrub, it doesn't act like it is cached. It loads the frame that I have scrubbed to, which takes around 10 seconds, rather than being instant. I do not change anything between stopping playback and trying to scrub.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Two Issues: Media Encoder not found ALSO After Effects Cache acting up
on Dec 12, 2019 at 7:48:27 am

[Habeeb Mohammed] "as I moved all of my adobe programs to a new disk"

If you need to move programs to another disk first uninstall then reinstall. That probably won't work at this point if you manually moved them around.

Return to posts index

Habeeb Mohammed
Re: Two Issues: Media Encoder not found ALSO After Effects Cache acting up
on Dec 13, 2019 at 3:34:15 pm

I guess that's fine since I can just import from Media Encoder.

Any solutions for my cache problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]