FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Green Screen Footage to use in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Morin
Export Green Screen Footage to use in Premiere
on Nov 16, 2019 at 4:42:34 pm

We have a project with quite a bit of green screen footage we would like added here and there to footage taken of the of the performance in a real background.
I'm trying to find a way to export the keyed out green screen footage in an alpha & RGB so that there's transparency in the clip and not the black matte.

Any advice on the settings for this?

Return to posts index

John Williams
Re: Export Green Screen Footage to use in Premiere
on Nov 18, 2019 at 10:21:23 am

I think I understand what you mean.

In After Effects once you have keyed out your coloured background and done any tweaking then if you want to Export the clip to contain the Alpha you must use an Export Format that supports an additional Alpha channel. Most video formats won't support both RGB and Alpha so you would have to export separately so instead, choose a format that supports both.

Two formats include the default 'Lossless' which is an uncompressed QuickTime and Apple ProRes4444 which is also uncompressed. With either of those selected you can then choose the 'Channels' and select RGB + Alpha.
When exported you can bring the clip into Premiere (or any other pro NLE) and drop the clip above another clip on the timeline to see it composite instantly on the timeline.)

Note: Depending on the complexity of your keying, you can also use the Ultra Keyer in Premiere Pro that will do a good job if the green/blue screen has been well lit and filmed on a high quality camera with low compression.

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
Re: Export Green Screen Footage to use in Premiere
on Nov 24, 2019 at 9:49:35 pm

Hi,
In AfterCodecs ( https://autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/
) there is the special profile "ProRes 4444 Light" where it is much lighter than normal ProRes 4444 but still with an alpha channel, try it out we have a free 500 frames trial

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]