FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixel Transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Amar
Pixel Transition
on Nov 12, 2019 at 5:39:08 pm

Hello! I have been trying to do a pixel transition effect trying to emulate something I saw on a video but I cant get it to work.

Does anyone knows how to me make the pixel/block/square transition/effect in the following video?

Video: https://upload-video.net/a11071e8Z11-noau

I need it to make some animations for work, help would be really appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Pixel Transition
on Nov 12, 2019 at 6:47:19 pm

Multiple solids/shapes layers with a card wipe effect applied. Turn the back layer to off, transition width to 0 and a small "Timing Randomness"(change the Random Seed on each instance of the effect) to get the basics of the effect. Lastly you need some sort of gradient to get it to start from the center and move outwards. Then just play around with the rows and columns size until you reach the desired result. Check out this quick and dirty example project I made.

Used to be able to upload example files to the Cow, but I can't get that to work now---I made an example file you can download from Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h4zsbb78cgm52n0/AABZ8ZNmxU12aHRGhNkhjzkFa?dl=0

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Juan Amar
on Nov 12, 2019 at 7:10:50 pm

Wow thank you so much John! Perfectly explained and the example file is just what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Nov 14, 2019 at 5:45:40 pm

you can just start animating layers then throw a mosaic on top and you could get pretty close

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]