FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pin object to motion of another (without tracking)?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Chelmis
Pin object to motion of another (without tracking)?
on Nov 2, 2019 at 4:22:33 pm

First time poster, long time lurker. So I've got this sort of endless screen-zoom sequence I've been working on.

. Basically each scene is an image sequence composed of 42-mpx photos that slowly zoom, with the screen just superimposed on top. (actually embedding the sequences within each other was a rendering nightmare.) There are a lot of these, and unfortunately each photo sequence is slightly skewed enough where I can't just copy/paste the keyframe motion. Also there's a lot of them so motion tracking the screen would take forever.

So far I've been just manually tweaking the motion with tons of keyframes, but as you can see in the sample I'm still struggling getting the screen layer perfectly matched, and I feel like there's an easier technique than what I'm putting myself through. Any thoughts? Is there a function in AE to just match the transform motion of the object below, without actually tracking?

Screenshot of project structure:

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Pin object to motion of another (without tracking)?
on Nov 3, 2019 at 11:05:52 am

Hmm, this is a tricky one... if I was doing this, I’d be tempted to recreate the room as a series of 3D layers (2.5 d layers), then duplicate this room for each scene, making the changes needed (foreground characters etc...)

Once each scene is done, it should be a “simple” matter of arranging the precomps in 3D space and flying a camera through all the scenes.

Of course, if everything is already shot with a moving camera, then I think tracking is the only way. Are you using Mocha Ae?

To your original question, not sure what you mean by transform Can copy keyframes and then adjust their positions of course, and you can use Null objects and/or use expressions to loop keyframes or continue trajectories.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]