FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render taking for ever!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristian Aparicio
Render taking for ever!
on Oct 30, 2019 at 12:07:45 am

Hi! I'm having some issues with this Videohive. Rendering a 15 seconds sequence takes more than 4 hours. Trying to render a full 55 secs sequence wold take more than 15 hours.

Videohive: https://videohive.net/item/history-timeline-clean-slides/22775922

My hardware is:
- 2019 iMac 5k (27")
- 3,6 GHz Intel Core i9 (8 cores)
- 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
- Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

I must be doing something wrong because that rendering time is unusable. Please help!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Render taking for ever!
on Oct 30, 2019 at 7:57:37 am

That looks like a pretty heavy template. What is the resolution of the comp and what are your export settings?

Return to posts index

Cristian Aparicio
on Oct 30, 2019 at 8:35:10 am

Comp is 1080p and export settings no matter, always takes the same time. I have tried h264, h265, QuickTime (prores 422 hq), jpg, etc. I have been doing test and same 20 sec comp would take 4'5 hours in every format. (Using GPU and Mercury + OpenCL)

The most annoying thing is that, when rendering, CPU and GPU won't get over 20% usage.

As I'm a new user with no experience in templates I don't know if this is normal or there is something wrong with my project.

In case it is normal, what can I do to export quick previews so I can check my comp is correct as I work in my project? Because RAM preview is also pretty slow and I can use it to sync music or sound.

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 30, 2019 at 8:56:49 am

[Cristian Aparicio] "export settings no matter"

Yes they do. Are you rendering from AE render queue or AME?

Return to posts index

Cristian Aparicio
on Oct 30, 2019 at 9:57:12 am

Test with different codecs and format have been done in AME.

But AE render queue takes usually the same time. I find no significant difference between rendering on way or another, or with some format or another.

Even rendering as "draft"in AE queue would take several hours. The video result outputs without any effects and at very low res (looks like NES video game) and it's 9 MB, but still takes hours.

I think some settings in AE may be wrong. When I render a 4k video from Resolve or Final cut pro x, even Premiere, the render is really fast. Almost real time for a project with heavy color correction.

Or maybe the problem is that those templates actually take that time to render and expected much faster process.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Oct 30, 2019 at 4:21:31 pm

sounds like you have a bunch of precomps. you can pre-render them out in pre-sequences or even do the old multi render engine trick where you render out half the sequence as images in AME, and the other half in render queue.
also, any images that need to be resized take 10x longer. I'd look up all the things that bottleneck multi proc rendering including noise reduction, ray tracing, 3d rendering, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]