FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export file shot at 120fps for keying at a faster frame rate (30fps)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barbara Felix
How to export file shot at 120fps for keying at a faster frame rate (30fps)
on Oct 28, 2019 at 9:13:05 pm

I followed advice I saw in an article to film at 120 frames per second in order to get a better green screen key, because my video had a little bit of motion. Now that I have the video keyed, Media Encoder says it is going to take 85 hours to render. Yikes! I have multiple videos and a deadline. How can I get them to render faster?

The article doesn't explain that part.

I am working on a 2017 MacBook Pro laptop with an Lacie external hard drive. It is not an SSD drive, it's just a standard USB-C drive.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: How to export file shot at 120fps for keying at a faster frame rate (30fps)
on Oct 28, 2019 at 9:31:29 pm

If you want to try something you read online...TEST that workflow first, don't "try" it on a paying job.

I have no idea why 120p would be recommended. I can see shooting at 60p, but 120p? The only reason to shoot anything at 120p would be if you planned to do a lot of slow motion with the footage.

We don't know what exactly the footage format is, what hardware you have in the computer, what if any effects might be applied to the footage, what format you are exporting to and what are the export settings. So many factors that can affect the render time.

Please provide as much info as possible including a screen grab of the Export Settings window

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]