FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panels moving between desktop Spaces

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Montgomery
Panels moving between desktop Spaces
on Oct 22, 2019 at 5:15:07 am

Haven't been able to find any posts describing this exact issue, so wondering if anyone else gets the same issue, and if there's any solutions. I'm currently on AE v16.1.3, Retina 27" iMac 2017, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, but this has been happening for quite a while now.

I have 3 monitors (though the same thing happened when I only had 2) and my After Effects panels are split amongst them:
- main after effects window on Monitor A
- timeline on Monitor B
- various other panels on Monitor C (the panels are in a single window, they aren't free-floating panels)

I also use multiple desktop Spaces.

The After Effects panels on Monitors B & C keep jumping between spaces when I switch away from the After Effects space. Eg, I switch to view a different Space on Monitor B, and suddenly my Timeline jumps to that Space (it even appears above applications in full-screen mode, which shouldn't be possible)

I was wondering if it had something to do with whether the extra panels are treated as real windows? I notice that if I open mission control, the extra Panels are only displayed as independant windows when After Effects is NOT the active window. Otherwise, the extra panels vanish and the main window is the only one shown in Mission Control.

Any way to lock the panels in place so they stop jumping around?

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Panels moving between desktop Spaces
on Oct 27, 2019 at 10:40:55 am

Kinda envious of your set up. ☺

Does the padlock option in the panels solve this?

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]