FORUMS: list search recent posts

Object not fitting in scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Ehrenberg
Object not fitting in scene
on Oct 22, 2019 at 4:34:11 am

I am having a hard time getting this fire ball image to fit into the scene. At the moment it simply looks like it is put on top and i cant figure out what i need to do to make it seem more in the scene. I know i am missing something trivial, Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Mag Souh
Re: Object not fitting in scene
on Oct 22, 2019 at 9:52:09 am

Hi,

You have to 3D track your scene then put your fireball in 3D.

-effect: 3D CAMERA TRACKER

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
on Oct 22, 2019 at 2:49:38 pm

If the camera moves, then yes, you need to track it.

As for making it look more part of the scene, one quick thing to try is changing the blending mode. Try add or screen. You also might feather the mask on your fireball. Perfectly hard edges seldom look real. Especially on magical fireballs.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 22, 2019 at 2:53:35 pm

Environment shading.
Shadows on the ground, glows and flares reflecting off surfaces and even on the grass.
So much to point out.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:53:31 pm

More importantly, light is additive, so use a Screen blend/transfer function (or Add if you are in 32 bit space) to add things like this to your background. The issue with this is that light stuff behind can blow out the effect. But that's the nature of how light works (go look at a match flame in broad daylight against a light background or a propane torch flame).
To help it along, something that bright would be lighting up the ground and the characters and probably producing lens flares in the lens. The added bonus of lens flares is they change the base black of the background in the scene and help tie things together.
All hail JJ.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:55:17 pm

screen or add blending mode and try using vc reflect to make its bottoms seem like its digging into the ground a little bit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]