FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sole Camera in composition isn't "Active Camera"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keegan Denery
Sole Camera in composition isn't "Active Camera"
on Oct 19, 2019 at 3:58:54 pm

Hey everyone, I've gotten tons of help from these forums over the years, but have finally run across something I can't seem to find a prior post about, at least at fits my situation.

Basically, when i used the 3D camera tracker today, I noticed that the camera it created looked kind of hollow with an outline on the timeline, as in the literal clip, second layer, has a grey, seemingly transparent fill and just a stroke around the outside, which is both new to my eyes and something I'm unable to find anything about online (probably googling the wrong terms.)
The real problem though, which is possibly just related to this, is that when I select "Active Camera" in my preview window, all my 3d stuff goes away. I have to manually set it to "3D Tracker Camera" but when I do my actual export (one composition higher, meaning the screenshot attached is from within a comp that sits in my main comp im trying to export, but no, the main comp does not have any cameras either,) no 3D layers show up."

Could not for the life of my get an image to upload here, but heres the screenshot https://imgur.com/a/2rsZ3pp

thanks for any help

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Sole Camera in composition isn't "Active Camera"
on Oct 21, 2019 at 1:11:41 pm

I've never seen that before, please give some feedback if you ever figure it out. That description seems like the guide layer's behavior for a camera, but as far as I know, you can't do that to cameras.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Keegan Denery
on Oct 22, 2019 at 10:11:57 pm

Any one else have any thoughts on this? Also, Cassius, can you expand on what youre saying about guide layers and the cameras? I don't think i know about guide layers actually.
I do think that the layer appearing hollow has something to do with it all though, so maybe lets start with figuring out what that represents?

Return to posts index

Keegan Denery
on Nov 2, 2019 at 12:16:29 pm

Apologies if bumping isnt kosher here, but I just cannot figure this out...

Return to posts index

Keegan Denery
on Nov 2, 2019 at 1:30:00 pm

Ok so I have a solution. No answers as to whats going on here, but a solution none the less if others ever come across this. Cant believe I didnt think to try this earlier, but i just created a new camera from the layers menu, and copied all the important attributes from my "hollow" layer camera to the new one, and bada bing bada boom, this new camera is actually the "active" one now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]