FORUMS: list search recent posts

Foam change bubble shape?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Hahn
Foam change bubble shape?
on Oct 14, 2019 at 11:21:22 am

Is there a way to change the shape of the bubbles in the foam effect to make them into stars or bubbles? If so how would I do this?

Thanks so much!!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Foam change bubble shape?
on Oct 15, 2019 at 1:20:34 pm

I think you would need two layers of foam one for the bubble and one for the stars. You can create a star in a precomp, bring it into your foam comp and then under the 'Rendering' flyout change the texture to "User Defined" and select the star as your texture.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Anna Hahn
on Oct 15, 2019 at 1:50:51 pm

Thank you for this! I’m a bit confused though~ how do the two instances of foam connect to each other such that the bubbles become star shaped?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 15, 2019 at 2:24:47 pm

They do not, when you asked if you could change the shape into 'either/or' I though you meant from the moment the particles were created, not an evolution.

I think you need to use a more robust particle system where you would make a precomp of a bubble changing into a star. Then using that precomp as the particle, where each particle plays the animation once from birth. You can do this with CC Particle World. Check out the quick project I made. I leave the morphing from bubble to star to you.

13817_particlesystem.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]