FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for command for simple Scale Precomping Script

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Geng
Looking for command for simple Scale Precomping Script
on Oct 11, 2019 at 3:39:02 pm

Hello!

Hopefully relatively simple request for someone who knows the specific commands I'm looking for. Basically I have a MasterComp in my project that is at a 1080p resolution that I am wanting to automatically nest and scale down into a basically duplicate comp with a lower resolution for render. I've been trying to solve an issue of needing to render a lower res version of my project for a deliverable without having to render the full 1080p and then down scaling afterwards.

The issue with rendering automatically from the 1080p comp into the lower res is that it crushes the quality. While if I nest the full size comp in a smaller one at a lower scale it keeps the quality.

I'm new to scripting but it seems like a small amount of steps to handle, it's basically:

1. Selects the MasterComp
2. Run script
3. Script Precomps the selected composition inside a new composition identical except for it's size (720x404)
4. Scales down the nested comp ( 37.5%)

This is something I have to do a ton on our videos, would really love to figure this out.

Thanks for the help all

Return to posts index

Dakota Geng
Re: Looking for command for simple Scale Precomping Script
on Oct 11, 2019 at 7:52:57 pm

Here is a video I have made showing me doing exactly what I want to have happen manually:

It's a short process yes, but it would be a real help to automate as we have a lot of videos we go through that this needs to apply too. This was the code I found below that I was trying to work with to accomplish this:

var precomp = app.project.activeItem.layers.precompose([1], "720_Render", [true]); precomp.width = 720; precomp.height = 404;

The issue with the code above is all it does is precomps the layer inside the composition, and it also doesnt crop to the center of the composition.

Any help here would be much appreciated :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]