FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting sections of a composition in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Drabicki
Exporting sections of a composition in AE?
on Oct 9, 2019 at 9:47:01 pm

I built an animation in Aftereffects for a trade show where a vehicle drives and I am making it look like it goes 360 degrees around 4 LED panels. My vender wants to break the animation into 4 videos that will start simultaneously and should look like 1 video.

Side A @ 4032x1176
Side B @ 2016x1176
Side C @ 4032x1176
Side D @ 2016x1176

The goal is to have the vehicle start on side A and drive to side B/C/D and make it look like it’s going around the panels. I finished the animation and did it 2 ways and I am trying the figure out what’s the best way or if I should have approached this differently.

Way 1: I added up the length of the panels and I made a composition in AE at 12096x1176. The vehicle is animated and everything seem to work fine. But I need to export this animation in sections. Is there any way I can take the 12096x1176 sequence and export out the dimensions for all 4 sides I listed above with out making more sequences?

Way 2: I took my animation elements of my 12096x1176 composition and made 4 comps for each side. Two @4032x1176 and two @ 2016x1176 and basically retimed the animation to make it look like the vehicle drives off of side A into side B than drives onto C/D. I made the exports and it seems to have worked but I am not sure if this was the best approach or if there is a better way.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
Nick

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Exporting sections of a composition in AE?
on Oct 12, 2019 at 9:52:19 pm

This sounds cool and I’ve never had an opportunity to do this myself, but if I did, I’d opt for Way 1. Then once I was happy with the animation, I’d create a comp for Side A’s dimensions, and add my animation comp to this and move it so that the far left of the animation is lined up with the left of the Side A comp.

Once I was happy, I’d repeat the process for Side B, but the time position the nested comp -4032 pixels to the left. And repeat this for the final two comps.

This method gives me flexibility, as if I need to amend my animation, I only have to change the original (and re-render) and I’m not having to copy key frames etc...

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]