FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D hair replacement for live action scene.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Balazs
3D hair replacement for live action scene.
on Oct 7, 2019 at 7:21:37 am
Last Edited By John Balazs on Oct 8, 2019 at 1:18:22 am

HELP!!!
hoping someone can help me.

Our main actor went on holidays and we had some scenes that we still needed to film when he returned. His hair is too short in the new scenes and we cannot reshoot because cast member is no longer available.

We only have 2 scenes. One inside a car and one outdoors. His hair doesn't move much which would require less motion and animation. Its more the tiny whsippy hairs that blow in the wind. I would.like to extend his hair somehow.

All Ive come across so far is creating a geo track of his head movements, track the camera angle, paste an obj head over the actor and then send it over to 3D for hair and grooimng software. BUT im no 3d guy and I can for the life of me figure those programs out. I was hoping to somehow get a textured OBJ hair file and paste using element 3d. I have purchased an obj file but the hair doesnt come out rendered (something to do with polygons )

What is the best way to fix this?
THANKS

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: 3D hair replacement for live action scene.
on Oct 8, 2019 at 12:10:03 pm

The way Element 3d handles its 3d world would make it very difficult, if not impossible, to use it for hair. Plus getting it to look like it's blowing in the wind or animating at all besides rigidly following the motion of the head would be impossible.

I'm also thinking that, even with a dedicated visual effects person who knows 3d hair simulation this could be a very difficult challenge.

That said, do you have any examples of how the actor looked with the correct hair length vs. the new hair length so we can have a better idea of the problem you're dealing with?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]